Explore best practices and innovative ideas together
Award Recipients Details
The Distinguished Leadership Award (DLA) is designed to recognize exceptional community leadership graduates. Recipients are men and women who have made significant and notable contributions for the betterment of their communities.
Kimberly Fraser, Leadership Lake County, OH
Betsy Hartschuh, Leadership Akron, OH
Luncheon Keynote Speaker
Luncheon Keynote Speaker Details
Dr. G. James Lemoine is an Assistant Professor at the University at Buffalo Center for Leadership and Organizational Effectiveness, where he researches and teaches organizational behavior and leadership. He currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Greenleaf Center for Servant Leadership, an international organization dedicated to fostering positive and effective organizational management.
Dr. Lemoine is the author the book Business Defined; and has co-authored publications on leadership, performance, and organizational behavior in top management journals like the Journal of Applied Psychology, Harvard Business Review, and the Leadership Quarterly.
He received his PhD from the Scheller College at Georgia Tech, and his BS from Louisiana State University. Dr. Lemoine’s doctoral dissertation on Servant Leadership was honored with the International Leadership Association’s “Frederic M. Jablin Doctoral Dissertation Award” in 2016. Before returning to academia, Dr. Lemoine has been both an entrepreneur and a corporate executive, working for companies such as AT&T and the Schwan Food Company.
Post Conference Workshop
Post Conference Workshop Details
Leveraging Accelerated Learning & Adult Learning Techniques is the most advanced facilitation and learning method in use today. It's a whole-brain system that enhances the design and facilitation of your program, while increasing learning effectiveness.
• Understand the principals of adult learning and what motivates adults to learn.
• Learn the differences between traditional learning methods and accelerated learning methods.
• Learn to shift from a trainer-centered environment to a learner-centered environment by unleashing the whole-brain.
• Utilize the multiple intelligences to enhance the learning environment.
• Apply the accelerated learning methods.
Tuesday, June 26, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
This post conference workshop is an add on $100.
Session Leaders Details
Jessie Baginski, Leadership Lake County, OHWorkshop: Operation Resolve - Leveraging Your Board and Alumni for Civic Impact
Steve Bell, Reputation Management, NYWorkshop: Crisis Management for Non-Profits
Lana Benatovich, National Federation of Just CommunitiesWorkshop: Dynamic Dialogues
Jeff Carter, National Federation of Just CommunitiesWorkshop: Dynamic Dialogues
Rachel Ciomcia, Cleveland Leadership Center, OHWorkshop: Measuring Outcomes
Kimberly Fraser, ADAMHS, OHWorkshop : Operation Resolve - Leveraging Your Board and Alumni for Civic Impact
Kathleen Fyfe, Leadership Saratoga, NYWorkshop: Alumni Engagement Strategies
Dick Hammond, Leadership On The Move!, TXWorkshop: Keeping Your Program on the Right Track
Barbara Harrington, Sponsorship PlusWorkshop: The Essence of Sponsorship
Yanick Jenkins, National Federation of Just CommunitiesWorkshop: Diversity Toolkit
Althea Luehrsen, Leadership Buffalo, NYWorkshop: Alumni Engagement Strategies
Rita Markle, Performance Management Partners Inc, NYPost Conference Session: Facilitation Skills - Leveraging Accelerated Learning & Adult Learning Techniques
Don and Roe Polczynski, Clinton, NYWorkshop: Branding Your Future!
Marc Rummenie, National Federation of Just CommunitiesWorkshop: Diversity Toolkit
Monday June 25, 9:00 a.m. - 10:20 a.m.
Monday, June 25, 10:35 a.m. - 11:55 a.m.
Monday, June 25, 2:00 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Tuesday, June 26, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Sights & Sounds of Buffalo, NY
Conference Planning Committee
Conference Planning Committee Details
Althea Luehrsen, Leadership Buffalo, NY
Ashley Mudd, Leadership Institute of Acadiana, LA
Bob Paulke, LEAD Clermont, OH
Jessie Baginski, Leadership Lake County, OH
Laurie Remer, Leadership Howard County, MD
Liz Zulawski, Leadership Niagara, NY
Marcey Bryant, Leadership Buffalo, NY
Molly Anderson, University at Buffalo Center for Leadership and Organizational Effectiveness, NY
Nicole Deary, Leadership Cumberland, PA
Nikki Morristell, Leadership Lackawanna, PA
Peggy Marone, Leadership Genesee, NY
Jenna Luehrsen, Leadership Buffalo, NY
Jo Ellen Carson, ALP, NC
Lura Hammond, ALP, TX
Leadership Programs Attending
Leadership Programs Attending Details
- Baton Rouge Area Leadership Program - LA
- Cleveland Leadership Center - OH
- Greater Baltimore LEADERship - MD
- Kansas Leadership Center - KS
- LEAD Clermont - OH
- Leadership Akron - OH
- Leadership Allegany - NY
- Leadership Austin - TX
- Leadership Beaumont - TX
- Leadership Buffalo - NY
- Leadership Cape May County - NJ
- Leadership Champlain - VT
- Leadership Chattanooga - TN
- Leadership Chemung - NY
- Leadership Cincinnati - OH
- Leadership Cortland - NY
- Leadership Cumberland - PA
- Leadership Evanston - IL
- Leadership Franklin County - PA
- Leadership Genesee - NY
- Leadership Greater Hartford - CT
- Leadership Greater Syracuse - NY
- Leadership Greater Tampa - FL
- Leadership High Point - NC
- Leadership Howard County - MD
- Leadership Institute of Acadiana - LA
- Leadership Knoxville - TN
- Leadership Lackawanna - PA
- Leadership Lake County - OH
- Leadership Lakeland - FL
- Leadership Lincoln, Inc. - NE
- Leadership Loudoun - VA
- Leadership Louisville Center - KY
- Leadership Medina County - OH
- Leadership Mohawk Valley - NY
- Leadership Montgomery - MD
- Leadership North Houston - TX
- Leadership Oakland - MO
- Leadership On The Move - TX
- Leadership Orleans - NY
- Leadership Pittsburgh Inc. - PA
- Leadership Pocatello-Chubbuck Assoc. - ID
- Leadership Rhode Island - RI
- Leadership Rochester Inc. - NY
- Leadership Saratoga - NY
- Leadership Thurston County - WA
- Leadership Tulsa - OK
- Leadership Unlimited - OH
- Leadership Washington County - MD
- Leadership Waterloo Region - ON
- Leadership Westerville - OH
- Leadership Wooster - OH
- Montgomery County Leadership Academy - IN
- Southern CA Leadership Network - CA
- West Coast Chamber Leadership - MI
- Western Connecticut Leadership - CT
- WestStar Leadership - TN
Source: Leadership Lake County, 2018 Northeast Regional ConferenceWorkshop focused on addressing opiod epidemic in the community. Operation Resolve - Leveraging Your Board and Alumni for Civic Impact details and downloads
Presentation: Understanding Servant LeadershipPosted 7/5/2018Presentation by Jim Lemoine, Assistant Professor, Department of Organizational and Human Resources, School of Management, University of Buffalo Understanding Servant Leadership details and downloads
Source: Cleveland Leadership Center, 2018 Northeast Regional Conference
The Essence of Sponsorship - A Critical Shift of Thinking from Nonprofit Leaders details and downloads
Presentation: The Essence of Sponsorship - A Critical Shift of Thinking from Nonprofit LeadersPosted 7/3/2018Workshop presented by Parker Harrington with SponsorshipPlus The Essence of Sponsorship - A Critical Shift of Thinking from Nonprofit Leaders details and downloads